Last Updated: October 01, 2019
Information We Collect
Information You Choose to Provide
We collect and use information from individuals who interact with particular features of our website in accordance with this section. If you register and create an account on our website, make purchases through this Site, join a loyalty program, enter a contest or promotion, submit a consumer vote/survey, photo, video or product review, sign up to receive newsletter/emails or other offers or communications, we collect and store the information you’ve provided. This information includes Personal Information such as your name, social media handle, email, telephone number, billing address, shipping address, and payment information (such as account or credit card number). You may also be asked for demographic information (such as age, birthday, product preferences and zip code) or location information.
We will use information provided or collected for a variety of business purposes such as:
- Providing you with tailored content, services, advertisements and offers from NEOCURLY if you so elect
- Fulfilling your order(s) (products) purchases or services you have requested
- Processing credit/debit card payments/transactions
- Create and manage your online account, including access to your purchase history
- Assist you with product selection and replenishment
- Verifying your identity when necessary
- Chat with you or respond to your inquiries
- Post your product votes/reviews
- Allowing you to log in with your social media account, share posts/activities on your social pages such as Facebook
- To send/display to you tailored content on our site and elsewhere to your interests and history with us
- Administer your participation in events, contests, sweepstakes, programs, surveys and other offers
- Improving the effectiveness of our Sites, customer service, and product offerings and other internal functions
- Comply with applicable legal requirements, commercial laws and industry rules, policies, and regulations.
This policy applies to anyone who provides or has previously provided personal information to NEOCURLY, who authorizes NEOCURLY to obtain data from third parties or who accesses NEOCURLY social media pages or websites.Our Legal Basis for Use of the Information
We will use the information you provide to us on the following legal basis for the above purposes if:
- We have obtained your express consent to do so; or
- We have a legitimate interest to do so, performing day to day marketing activities, research, analytics, processing and enforcing legal claims and conducting our business in compliance with all applicable laws, relevant industry policies, standards, procedures, and guidelines; or
- To perform our contractual obligations to which you are party (process your payment and order and deliver the products you have ordered
Like many web sites, we may collect statistical data about your usage or device, how you browse our website including your device, IP address where available, operating system and browser type, for system administration. We may also collect information about your usage and browsing habits using various web-based technologies or by using technologies such as cookies, web server logs or web beacons. We also collect information when you visit this site, click or view our online advertisements, visit our social media pages or download or use any of our mobile applications (if applicable). For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.Cookies
Cookies are small files that are sent to and stored on your computer by the websites you visit. Cookies are stored in your browser’s file directory. Next time you visit the site, your browser will read the cookie and relay the information back to the website or element that originally set the cookie. Cookies help us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience and service.
Like many web sites, we use small data files placed on your computer, tablet, mobile phone, or other devices (referred to collectively as a “device”) that allow us to record certain pieces of information whenever you visit or interact with our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools. The specific names and types of the cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies we use may change from time to time. In order to help you better understand this Policy and our use of such technologies we have provided the following limited terminology and definitions:
Cookies: Small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. Cookies allow a website to recognize a particular device or browser. There are several types of cookies:
- Session cookies expire at the end of your browser session allow us to link your actions during that browser session.
- Persistent cookies are stored on your device in between browser sessions, allowing us to remember your preferences or actions across multiple sites.
- First-party cookies are set by the site you are visiting.
- Third-party cookies are set by a third party site separate from the site you are visiting.
Cookies can be disabled or removed by tools that are available in most commercial browsers including Microsoft Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari by apple. The preferences for each browser you use will need to be set separately and different browsers offer different functionality and options.
Web beacons: Small graphic images (also known as “pixel tags” or “clear GIFs”) that may be included on our sites, services, applications, messaging, and tools, that typically work in conjunction with cookies to identify our users and user behavior.
Cookies, web beacons, or other similar technologies that are necessary to the operation of our sites, services, applications, and tools that allow your access to our sites, services, applications, and tools; that are required to identify irregular site behavior, prevent fraudulent activity and improve security; or that allow you to make use of our functions such as shopping-carts, saved search, or similar functions;
Cookies, web beacons, or other similar technologies to assess the performance of our websites, applications, services, and tools, including as part of our analytic practices to help us understand how our online visitors use our websites, determine if you have interacted with our messaging, determine whether you have viewed an advertisements or link, or to improve our website content, applications, services, or tools;
Advertising/ Targeting Related
Although we do not currently do so, we may use first-party or third-party cookies and web beacons to deliver content, including ads relevant to your interests, on our sites or on third party sites. This includes using technologies to understand the usefulness to you of the advertisements and content that have been delivered to you, such as whether you have clicked, shared, deleted such advertisement.
We do not rent lists, sell or otherwise disclose personal data we collect about you, except as described here. We may share your personal data/information with third parties, which are either related to or associated with the running of our business, where it is necessary for us to do so. These third parties include our affiliates, business partners, independent contractors. Further information on each of these third parties is set out below.
We may share your personal data with:
- Service providers who perform services on our behalf based on our instructions including, web hosting service providers and data analytics service providers. We do not authorize these service providers to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements.
- Third parties through social networks, widgets and plug-ins. If you use any features made available to you on our Site by a third party it may result in information being collected or shared between us and the third party. For instance if you use “Facebook Like” feature, Facebook may register the fact that you “Liked Us” and may post that information on Facebook.
- Other third parties with your consent.
In addition, we, our affiliates and other service providers may disclose information about you (i) to law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (ii) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights and choices in connection with the personal data we collect from you. To update your preferences, ask us to remove your information from our mailing lists or submit a request, please contact us as specified below.Email Opt-Out
If you have registered for Email Alerts, you can at any time tell us not to send you alerts by email by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the emails you receive from us or by contacting us as indicated below. You also may opt out of receiving marketing emails by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.orgWithdrawing Consent
You may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us at any time with the effect for the future by contacting us as indicated below. This will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your information based on your consent before its withdrawal.Text Message Opt-Out
Text STOP to the five digit short code for the text messaging program from which you no longer wish to receive message (i.e., the five digit Message Service (SMS) number from which the text messages are being sent). You will then receive confirmation of your opt-out of that text messaging program. You also can request that we refrain from sending you text messages by contacting us as indicated below or by emailing email@example.comHow Long We Retain Your Information
We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your Personal Information to provide you services, contacting us as indicated below. We do not control certain privacy settings and preferences maintained by our social media partners like Facebook Instagram and Twitter. If you wish to make changes to those settings and preferences, you may do so by visiting the settings page of the appropriate social media site.How We Secure Your Information
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure your information and to protect it against unauthorized or unlawful use and accidental loss or destruction. Personal data shall be subject to additional safeguards to ensure this data is processed securely. We work hard to ensure data is encrypted when in transit and storage, and access to this data will be strictly limited to a minimum number of individuals and subject to confidentiality commitments. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to any of our websites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. When possible, encryption is used, both in transit and storage. Access controls within the organization limit who may access information.Links to Third Party Content
We may provide hyperlinks or pointers to other websites maintained by third parties or may provide third party content on our Website by framing or other methods. The links to third party websites are provided for your convenience and information only. The content in any linked websites is not under our control so we are not responsible for the content, including any further links in a third party site. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to our website, you do this entirely at your own risk. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that the third party you link to for your use is free of computer viruses, worms, Trojan horses and other items of a destructive nature.Children Under 16
Last Updated October 01, 2019